Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Royal Jubilee

So June is finally here, the sun is shining and the summers being welcomed in by the Royal Jubilee. It's quite nice to see the country becoming quite patriotic for once. A lot of people are just happy to be getting a long weekend of work but there is still a sense of pride in the air and everyone seems to be getting into the spirit of it. Whether you are going for the full works with a street party and bunting or simply watching the weekends events from the comfort of your own living room.

British Nails

The celebrations started off with Derby Day on Saturday, I couldn't go to it this year but it is normally a brilliant day out, and being only 10 minutes away from Epsom it's fabulous to have an annual event so close to home!

As usual, a little flutter on Derby Day is a must in our household. It just so happens that this year has been my luckiest year so far! The last few years I haven't picked any winners at the Derby but my sister has been rather lucky.

I had a winner in the first race, a second place in the third race, and the second and third in the Derby! Didn't win a lot of money, but got my money back and a bit more so I'm pleased with that!

Today was the Jubilee Thames Pageant, This we watched at home, It would have been a fantastic event to be at, but the mobbed crowds + the drizzly windy weather doesn't mix well with me. If anything it's a bit better watching it from your own home, you may not be able to soak up the atmosphere and the buzz from the crowds but you get a fabulous view and get to see everything that's going on. It all started with the Royals arriving, Kate and William with Kate looking fabulous as usual in a Red dress and spending time talking to the crowds which I think is just brilliant and just what should be expected from all of the Royals. Then The Queen arrived, also one who always looks brilliant, I suppose you wouldn't expect anything less but for her age she looks very well and extremely happy, I don't think I've ever seen her smile so much throughout all of the Royal events.











The commentary was pretty good from the BBC but it did make me laugh when someone referred to the queen as a "Precious Piece of Cargo". All in all it was a fantastic procession, and seeing that amount boats all together was incredible. It was definitely an occasion which will be remembered for a very long time.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment