Monday, July 16, 2012

A Yummy Piece Of Cake

Yesterday afternoon, after a tasty roast dinner cooked by my lovely mum I was craving something sweet. Nothing quite grabbed me so I decided to make a cake, as you do. I've got so used to this cake recipe because I've baked it so many times, but it is really simple.

Cake mix:
200g of Caster sugar
200g of Butter
200g of Self raising flour
2 eggs
Splash of vanilla extract
Splash of milk

  1. Cream together the sugar, butter, milk and vanilla extract.
  2. Then alternating between the beaten eggs and flour, adding small amounts of each at a time and then mixing in until you have a smooth cake mixture.
  3. Then bake at 180 on a fan assisted oven for 25-30 minutes, or until springy to touch.

For the filling of the cake I used a strawberry jam and a vanilla buttercream, I don't usually measure my ingredients for the buttercream. I simply mix icing sugar with butter and vanilla extract until it's the right consistency and the right taste (not too buttery).

As you can see from this cake it's not the prettiest of cakes but my my it did taste lovely, even if I do say so myself. I didn't have much patience when making this cake as I didn't allow it to cool properly, hence why there is a big crack down the cake. I have therefore settled that it's a broken hearted cake with a make shift plaster to patch it back together.

 

Next time i'll be sure to let it cool before trying to decorate!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment