Saturday, July 14, 2012

BBQ Baked Beans

Yesterday I watched "The Fabulous Baker Brothers" on channel 4. In which a long side some other very tasty looking recipes they made homemade baked beans. This set my mind wandering and tempted me into making my own. I didn't have some of the ingredients on their recipe so I adapted it to what I had in the cupboards and to my personal taste. I wasn't expecting them to be too good for a first attempt but I was pleasantly surprised, they were so yummy!

If you'd like to see their recipe then you'll find it on the channel 4 website.

My adapted recipe...

Ingredients
1 x tbsp olive oil
1 x diced red onion
1 x can of butter beans
1 x can of chopped tomatoes
1 x tsp of chopped garlic
1 x tsp of honey
1 x tsp of brown sugar
1 x tbsp of paprika
4 x tbsp of BBQ sauce
*Half tsp of chilli powder (optional)

  1. In a tbsp of olive oil, cook the onion until softened then add the garlic, paprika and chilli powder along with salt and pepper.
  2. After mixing in the seasonings add the chopped tomatoes, honey, sugar and BBQ sauce.
  3. Then simply add the beans, stir in and simmer on a med-high heat for 5 minutes.
  4. Once simmered pour into an oven proof dish and bake for 30-40 minutes on about 180 in a Fan assisted oven.
  5. Serve up and enjoy.
They are so easy to make, and much tastier than your average can of baked beans! If you don't like spice then just leave out the chilli. You can adapt the recipe to suit your tastes or what you have in the cupboards.



x



No comments:

Post a Comment