Monday, July 02, 2012

Movies...

Fright Night,
This film wasn't one of the best films i've ever watched but it's one of those you have to keep watching to find out what happens at the end. Colin Farrell does play his part pretty well as the vampire and David Tennant has his moments. The film was smart and funny but didn't really scare me very much! Which from a title of fright night, you would sort of expect to be scared at least a little bit. It's not a film I would rush to watch again any time soon, but i'd be quite interested in watching the original from 1985 just to see how it compares.

You May Not Kiss The Bride,
It's a film about a fake wedding in which pet photographer Bryan (Justin from Brothers and Sisters) is forced into to marrying the daughter of a crime boss so that she'll get a green card. The film is a bit too over the top, trying to be dramatic but in a way that it's hard to take it seriously. I do like films when they're are unrealistic, but only when they're done well. Tonya, played by Mena Suvari plays such an annoying part. I loved Dave Annable when he played Justin in Brothers and Sisters, in this movie he did play the part pretty well, he's probably the only reason I managed to watch the whole movie through, otherwise would have be switched off a lot earlier. I think he'll do well in the future in some more rom-coms. As for this film, not one I'll be adding to my DVD collection any time soon.

The Vow,
This movie was definitely my favourite watch of the week. It features Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. After getting married, a car accident leaves her in a coma. As she lost her memory, her husband is determined to win her heart again. It didn't quite have the end I was expecting but I was glad of that as it wasn't too predictable. It did have it's moments where it follows the "guidelines" of most romantic movies but did manage to branch out slightly. Either way I loved it! Tatum and McAdams both played their parts brilliantly, more so Tatum but that may be because I find him absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad I purchased this on DVD and it's a film I would definitely watch again. All in all a good story that does tug on your heart strings slightly! If you like films like Dear John and The notebook I think you'll like this one.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment