Monday, September 10, 2012

Homemade Burgers

Yesterday I was writing my blog posts from the garden, making the most of the lovely weather as i'm sure it won't last too long. We were having a BBQ which will probably be the last of this year because i'm sure the bad weather is on it's way very soon. I decided to make homemade burgers instead of buying them. They were not spiced with anything and didn't contain any crazy flavourings, just simple burgers. It's nice knowing what is going into homemade burgers as with shop bought ones you have no idea what goes into them.

I was making quite a few burgers, and also making them quite big so I used 1kg of extra lean mince. To this I added 1 finely diced white onion, breadcrumbs made from 2 slices of bread, 2 beaten eggs, 1 crumbled oxo cube and salt and pepper to taste. Get your hands stuck in and mix it all together. If you find the mixture is a little to wet add some more breadcrumbs. From this mixture I managed to make 13 burgers but they were really big, they could have been halved to make 26 burgers and they would have still been a decent size.
 
I finished my burger with some cheese and crispy prosciutto for a salty kick.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment